Tayebny

Default editing

I recently created an address list using mail merge. I don't know what
happened, because now when i open it, the edit button is grey and i can't
edit it anymore.
Doug Robbins

I assume that you are using Word XP of 2003. It's always a good idea to
mention the version as it does make a difference.

If you select Customize from the Tools menu, and go to the Commands tab of
the Customize dialog and then select the All Commands category and scroll
down through the list until you located the MailMerge Helper item, the click
and drag that onto a toolbar or expanded menu, you can then via that use of
that facility, open a datasource so that you can edit it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Tayebny" wrote in message
I recently created an address list using mail merge. I don't know what
happened, because now when i open it, the edit button is grey and i can't
edit it anymore.

Tayebny

Thanks Doug

"Tayebny" wrote in message
I recently created an address list using mail merge. I don't know what
happened, because now when i open it, the edit button is grey and i can't
edit it anymore.

drag-and-drop editing feature doesn't work rr-rn Microsoft Word Help 1 July 18th 05 05:31 AM
editing html created in word-2k3 with word-97 Dave Schweigert Microsoft Word Help 2 June 9th 05 11:46 AM
Editing Downloaded templates Seth Microsoft Word Help 1 April 11th 05 10:37 PM
View editing? Bob Newman New Users 1 April 11th 05 10:25 PM
Remove revision number and editing time information from Word documents ... Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft Word Help 1 February 12th 05 09:38 AM