Kitty

Default COPY TABLE INTO LABEL

I have tried to copy a table into a label. The text from the table copies
over but the table lines formatting disappear, along with a bitmap contained
in the table. How can I copy the table into a label without losing the
formatting and bitmap.
Jay Freedman

Kitty wrote:
I have tried to copy a table into a label. The text from the table
copies over but the table lines formatting disappear, along with a
bitmap contained in the table. How can I copy the table into a label
without losing the formatting and bitmap.

Hi Kitty,

What version of Word are you using? If it's Word 97 or earlier, you won't be
able to do this at all. In Word, a "label" document is simply a regular
document containing a table, whose cells are fixed at the size of the
selected label. Pasting a table into a label means you're creating a nested
table, and that feature first appeared in Word 2000. You'll have to split
the cells of the "label" table to match the cells of the original table, and
then copy/paste the table contents cell by cell. What you call "table lines"
is controlled through the Format Borders and Shading dialog; you'll have
to duplicate the original formatting in the new cells.

If you have Word 2000 or later, make sure you're copying the whole table,
including the "hidden" end-of-row marks. The easy way to be sure of this is
to use the menu item Table Select Table and then copy. Also, make sure
the table you're copying is small enough to fit completely inside the
"label" cell, because the label can't expand.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman