Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
vicki in SantaBarbara

Default why does my open window revert back to the drive starting point ?

When I first open Word and then F4 to open my directories I get my main
directory... then after a period of time if I again hit F4 to open my file
directory it has sometimes reverted back to the original directory and not
where I was last... any ideas how to fix this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

F4 by default repeats the last command?
Word opens to the folder set in tools options file locations
documents.
You can open a document from any location, and Word will remain in that
location until yyou restart Word or instruct it to move to another folder.
What I suspect is happening here is that you are opening files from the
recently used files list and one of those is loaded from the different
folder.
If you need to work with a subset of files saved in different folders then
take a look at the Work menu http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/WorkMenu.htm