Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
ConnieW ConnieW is offline

Default How do I split a cell diagonally in 2 and fill with 2 colours in .

Hi: I'm working with a 2009 calendar template and need to split one box into
2 diagonally, + add 2 colours + the date. Any ideas?

Thanks!
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I split a cell diagonally in 2 and fill with 2 colours in .

Steps to split a cell diagonally in two and fill with two colors in Microsoft Word:
  1. Open your calendar template in Microsoft Word.
  2. Select the cell that you want to split diagonally.
  3. Click on the "Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  4. Click on the "Split Cells" button in the "Merge" group.
  5. In the "Split Cells" dialog box, select "2" in the "Rows" field and "1" in the "Columns" field.
  6. Make sure that the "Split cells into" option is set to "Rows".
  7. Click "OK" to split the cell.
  8. With the cell still selected, click on the "Borders and Shading" button in the "Paragraph" group.
  9. In the "Borders and Shading" dialog box, click on the "Shading" tab.
  10. Choose the first color that you want to fill the top half of the cell with by clicking on it.
  11. Click on the "Diagonal Up" option in the "Patterns" section.
  12. Choose the second color that you want to fill the bottom half of the cell with by clicking on it.
  13. Click "OK" to apply the shading to the cell.
  14. Type in the date that you want to add to the cell.

And there you have it! Your cell is now split diagonally in two and filled with two colors, with the date added. Let me know if you need any further assistance!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

You can insert a diagonal line using the Borders and Shading dialog, but it
doesn't actually split the cell. If you want different colors in the two
sections you'll have to create triangular AutoShapes and place them Behind
Text. The text will also have to be fudged, right-aligned in one part and
left in the other.

http://word.mvps.org