Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Laura

Default Editing links to excel in form-protected word document

I have a Word document that contains tables that are linked Excel worksheets
(Windows XP 2002). Some sections of the document are form protected, but the
sections in which the excel links are found are not (so that they can be
manipulated). Unfortunately, when the doc is locked, if I right-click on the
linked object and go to "Linked Worksheet Object", I can no longer select
"Links..." The practical result of this is that there is no way to change
the source document without re-pasting all of the tables, rather than through
a dialogue box... is there?