Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] men@work.com is offline

Default How do I underline a text label?

Using Word 2003 - I have laid out the form with its various
checkboxes and text labels.

For examle: I have a couple of check boxes after male/female and I
have textboxes after First Name and Last Name. I am trying to draw a
visible unde line after, say, First Name and across the whole page.
The line draws fine after the text label, no problem but I can't
figure out how to draw the undeline right underneath the text label.

FYI - this form will be used as an online template and as a printed
out paperform and that's why I need both the text labels as well as
the underlines (so people can write on that line when they use the
paper version)

Boohoo what to do?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Use a table with the borders displayed selectively.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

wrote in message
Using Word 2003 - I have laid out the form with its various
checkboxes and text labels.

For examle: I have a couple of check boxes after male/female and I
have textboxes after First Name and Last Name. I am trying to draw a
visible unde line after, say, First Name and across the whole page.
The line draws fine after the text label, no problem but I can't
figure out how to draw the undeline right underneath the text label.

FYI - this form will be used as an online template and as a printed
out paperform and that's why I need both the text labels as well as
the underlines (so people can write on that line when they use the
paper version)

Boohoo what to do?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] men@work.com is offline

Yes, that does the trick! Thank You very much!

Out of curiousity, can you think of another way? I am just looking to
expand my small bag of tricks with this last question.

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 09:11:52 +0100, "Doug Robbins - Word MVP"

Use a table with the borders displayed selectively.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

You'll find a number of techniques at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...nesInForms.htm, but tables
work best for forms that have to do double duty like yours.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Use a table with the borders displayed selectively.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] men@work.com is offline

Exactly what I was looking for. I thank both You and Doug very much!