Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dr. Pastor

Default Style problem?

In a page at the first line I typed =rand()
to generate text.
I want now to declare S_style and D_style for
single and double spacing. (The two styles are not
dependent on normal.)
The styles do the work properly if I used
single and double line spacing.
They do not work properly when I set
exactly x and exactly 2x line spacing.
(In the double case the letters at the bottom of the
line space, if using double spacing then the
letters are at the top of the line space.)
I must have the "exactly" variation to work like
single, double.
Please help!
Regards.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

That difference between multiple and exact line spacing are known. There is
a Compatibility Option "Don't center 'exact line height' lines" that you
could experiment with. As long as all your line spacing is the same
(multiple or exact), this is not an issue; space above is still suppressed
at the top of the page and space below at the bottom.

"Dr. Pastor" wrote in message
link.net...
In a page at the first line I typed =rand()
to generate text.
I want now to declare S_style and D_style for
single and double spacing. (The two styles are not
dependent on normal.)
The styles do the work properly if I used
single and double line spacing.
They do not work properly when I set
exactly x and exactly 2x line spacing.
(In the double case the letters at the bottom of the
line space, if using double spacing then the
letters are at the top of the line space.)
I must have the "exactly" variation to work like
single, double.
Please help!
Regards.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dr. Pastor

Thank you Mademoiselle.
The problem is that I want to set up
a Legal28 template. (Improve on the MS variation.)
On that aspect they do it somehow!
Any further advise?
Thanks.