Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
P. Scaram P. Scaram is offline

Default Mailmerge to access + linked tables to SQL + Office 2003

I have a question to ask you about the mailmerge in Word2003.
I am supporting an application originally developed in Access 2000 with
ability to mailmerge a query to a word document. The access application uses
queries to tables linked to an SQLServer database. I opened the word template
with VB with predefined data source the query and everything worked fine.
Wit office 2003 this would not work.
I tried to reset the data source in 2003 for the word template and I got the
following problems.
I used the data source connection MSACCESS, I found the query but it could
not identify the columns. It was returning a message too few columns and it
gave the columns M , M-1. The tables are linked with the ODBC to SQL Server
and the query is defined in Access.
I also tried to link to the access file directly , but it only gave me on
the table list a few tables from the many defined in Access. It was not clear
what were the criteria for eliminating the rest.

I am sure there must be a simple solution to that since all the more complex
code written in access2000 did not present any problems in 2003.

If anybody can help I would be obliged.

Thank you
P.Scaram