Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bill

Default How to autofill a line with periods?

I'm trying to complete a document that looks like a restaurant menu with the
item on the left margin and the price on the right margin with periods
filling the space in between the two items? Is there a way to set this up
automatically?
--
Thanks,
Bill
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Use tabs and set them up with a dotted leader.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Bill" wrote in message
I'm trying to complete a document that looks like a restaurant menu with
the
item on the left margin and the price on the right margin with periods
filling the space in between the two items? Is there a way to set this up
automatically?
--
Thanks,
Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

:-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Bill" wrote in message
I'm trying to complete a document that looks like a restaurant menu
with
the
item on the left margin and the price on the right margin with periods
filling the space in between the two items? Is there a way to set this
up
automatically?
--
Thanks,
Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

What you're referring to is a dot leader. To accomplish this:

Format|Tabs
Click on Clear all
Type in the where you want your tab stop to be (right side)
Click Right
Select number 2 which is the dot leader.
OK

Now type your entry in your menu and hit tab and your dot leader should
appear.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Bill" wrote:

I'm trying to complete a document that looks like a restaurant menu with the
item on the left margin and the price on the right margin with periods
filling the space in between the two items? Is there a way to set this up
automatically?
--
Thanks,
Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

You're very welcome. Glad that I could help you.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP