how do i convert bmp,tiff file to rtf in word to print labels fro.

Old December 9th 04, 06:29 AM
db1

Default how do i convert bmp,tiff file to rtf in word to print labels fro.

I have canon scanner using scangear cs and omnipage se(ocr) and microsoft xp
and word(in office pkg) . I need to scan printed list of names/ adfressesand
have computer format on template and print as mailing labels. when scan
image and open ocr program, I can only save as bmp , pdf, or tiff. There is
no option to save as rtf for word .how do I get image saved as word file to
then format and print as labels?
Trying to avoid typing info into each block of template, but rather have
computer put info into parameters to print labels from scanned page.
Old December 9th 04, 08:25 AM
Graham Mayor

You need to scan into Omnipage (or use Omnipage to convert your scanned
image) to produce an editable text file. Set Omnipage to produce a plain
text output then use the following link to convert the list into a data
format that Word can use for a label mail merge.
See http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old December 14th 04, 04:14 PM
Graham Mayor

While I have no argument about the merits of Finereader, the OP already has
Omnipage which should do what is required.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

*(((({ wrote:
Check out Abbyy's FineReader -- a great OCR program that, IMHO, is
better even than Omnipage. You can DL a trial copy that will work for
a few days.

*(((({