Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eric Eric is offline

Default Misplaced revision markings

I'm working with a document in Word 2003, where the revision markings (black
lines at the side of the page) often seem to extend much beyond the revision
itself.

Typically I'll have a single correction, limited to one line, but the black
line will begin for many lines prior to the correction. I'm working with
Final Showing Markup.

Any ideas what's going on here?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eric Eric is offline

Strange behavior. I did what you suggest, and it found the previous change.
But in the process, it erased some of the extraneous black line.

Here's what the file looks like

Text with first revision
More text
(black line starts)
more text, with no changes - about 50 lines
second revision

I put the insertion point after the second revision, then click Go To
Previous Change. It goes to my second revision.

I click it a second time. It goes back to my first revision. But in the
process, it erases the black line between the page break and my second
revision.

Weird. I don't know what's happening, but it makes me nervous.

On Jun 14, 12:51 pm, Eric wrote:
I'm working with a document in Word 2003, where the revision markings (black
lines at the side of the page) often seem to extend much beyond the revision
itself.

Typically I'll have a single correction, limited to one line, but the black
line will begin for many lines prior to the correction. I'm working with
Final Showing Markup.

Any ideas what's going on here?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Sounds like what one of the MVPs said a while back: It's just Word
being Word.

It's so complicated, sometimes it confuses itself.