Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
beachrn beachrn is offline

Default TEXT NEXT TO PICTURES

I came across an option to have text mirror or follow, however you want to
word it, a picture. For example, if you have a picture of a star, you could
add text next to the star following the shape of it. I can't find that
option again. PLEASE HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
beachrn beachrn is offline

I appreciate your input but that's not exactly what I was looking for. It's
so hard to explain without being able to draw it. I'll keep using the star
example. When I came across the option, whatever & wherever it was, it
showed an example of what it could do. The text basically outlined the star.
From the top of the star, the text would be wider and then as it came to one
of the side points, there would be fewer words in that line because the line
extended out because of the point of the star. Just try to imagine what
outlining the star would look like. That's as close as I can come to
explaining it. I'm so frustrated that I can't find that option!

"beachrn" wrote in message
I came across an option to have text mirror or follow, however you want to
word it, a picture. For example, if you have a picture of a star, you
could
add text next to the star following the shape of it. I can't find that
option again. PLEASE HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Your initial description was vivid enough, and the answer I gave was
correct, but it assumes that you're dealing with a star AutoShape; if you
apply Tight wrapping to the star shape, text will wrap to the shape. If what
you have is a "picture" of a star, then the picture itself is probably
Square, in which case you will have to edit the wrap points in order to
allow text to follow the shape of the star.

"beachrn" wrote in message
I appreciate your input but that's not exactly what I was looking for.
It's
so hard to explain without being able to draw it. I'll keep using the
star
example. When I came across the option, whatever & wherever it was, it
showed an example of what it could do. The text basically outlined the
star.
From the top of the star, the text would be wider and then as it came to
one