Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
stacynagyvary stacynagyvary is offline

Default Header Row Applied to Entire Table

I am unable to get the Header Row to repeat in Word 2007. After reading
suggestions from this website, I believe my problem is that when I check the
box for Header Row, it is always applied to entire table. I tried creating a
new table with 45 rows in a blank document. When I select the first row in a
table as Header Row, the entire table becomes a header row. Any help would
be appreciated. Thanks!
--
Stacy Nagyvary
Facilities Manager
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

What happens if you select all the other rows and make them NOT heading
rows?

http://word.mvps.org

"stacynagyvary" stacyvary wrote in message
I am unable to get the Header Row to repeat in Word 2007. After reading
suggestions from this website, I believe my problem is that when I check
the
box for Header Row, it is always applied to entire table. I tried
creating a
new table with 45 rows in a blank document. When I select the first row
in a
table as Header Row, the entire table becomes a header row. Any help
would
be appreciated. Thanks!
--
Stacy Nagyvary
Facilities Manager
Excel Staffing Companies

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

To tell Word that you have a header row, click the box in the Table style
options group of the Table tools Design tab. To tell Word what that you want
it to repeat heading rows, click Repeat header rows in the Data group of the
Table tools Layout tab.

Don't feel bad. I didn't find that last button until a full year after I
started using W2007. I had searched help online several times; no joy. I
found it quite by accident while creating a formula.

Every menu item, with the exact wording used, should be in the help database.
But MS (and other software publishers) refuses to to this.

PamC

stacynagyvary wrote:
I am unable to get the Header Row to repeat in Word 2007. After reading
suggestions from this website, I believe my problem is that when I check the
box for Header Row, it is always applied to entire table. I tried creating a
new table with 45 rows in a blank document. When I select the first row in a
table as Header Row, the entire table becomes a header row. Any help would
be appreciated. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
stacynagyvary stacynagyvary is offline

Yes, I selected the entire table, unchecked the Header Row box. Then I
slected just the first row and checked the Header Row box. The box remains
checked no matter where in the table my curser goes. Thanks for helping.
--
Stacy Nagyvary
Facilities Manager

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What happens if you select all the other rows and make them NOT heading
rows?

http://word.mvps.org

"stacynagyvary" stacyvary wrote in message
I am unable to get the Header Row to repeat in Word 2007. After reading
suggestions from this website, I believe my problem is that when I check
the
box for Header Row, it is always applied to entire table. I tried
creating a
new table with 45 rows in a blank document. When I select the first row
in a
table as Header Row, the entire table becomes a header row. Any help
would
be appreciated. Thanks!
--
Stacy Nagyvary
Facilities Manager
Excel Staffing Companies

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
stacynagyvary stacynagyvary is offline

Thank you! That was it. Lovely that Word Help leaves the step out regarding
the Layout tab. You are a life saver!
--
Stacy Nagyvary
Facilities Manager

stacynagyvary wrote:
I am unable to get the Header Row to repeat in Word 2007. After reading
suggestions from this website, I believe my problem is that when I check the
box for Header Row, it is always applied to entire table. I tried creating a
new table with 45 rows in a blank document. When I select the first row in a
table as Header Row, the entire table becomes a header row. Any help would
be appreciated. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I'm trying to figure out how I created a table and set a row as a heading
row without any of these problems--must have used Table Properties. But it
seems pretty obvious to me, now that I look at it, that the box you checked
is part of the Table Style Options and just means that the table has the top
row formatted differently from the rest, not that it necessarily repeats. In
any case, I was just assuming you were using the correct control.

I agree, however, that the wording is misleading. I feel the same about
"Heading Rows Repeat" in Word 2003. Previous versions, with Table | Heading
(checked on or off), were much easier to understand. Saying "Repeat Header
Rows" or "Heading Rows Repeat" is *not* the same thing as saying "This is a
heading row," to my mind.

stacynagyvary wrote:
I am unable to get the Header Row to repeat in Word 2007. After reading
suggestions from this website, I believe my problem is that when I check
the
box for Header Row, it is always applied to entire table. I tried
creating a
new table with 45 rows in a blank document. When I select the first row
in a
table as Header Row, the entire table becomes a header row. Any help
would
be appreciated. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

You are welcome.

stacynagyvary wrote:
Thank you! That was it. Lovely that Word Help leaves the step out regarding
the Layout tab. You are a life saver!
To tell Word that you have a header row, click the box in the Table style
options group of the Table tools Design tab. To tell Word what that you want

[quoted text clipped - 16 lines]