Eddy de Jeu

Default Unwanted text selection with mouse click

We ussing Office XP on an windows 2000 server bassed citrix enviroment, all
users having the same credentials on Office XP now.

Some users having the problem, that the mouse on a left click slect text
from a fixed point. to turn that off you need to end the login session exit
word office does not work.

we are using an HP t5700 Thin Client windows XPe and standard logitech mouse
keybord drivers, Citrix metaframe XP on windows 2000 server.

anyone has an idea??
gnomon

I'm not sure this is what you're talking about, but...

From the menu bar, under Tools, the Options..., select the Edit tab. In that
tab there is a checkbox that says 'When selecting, automatically select the
entire word'. If that box is unchecked, the user's selection begins exactly
where the insertion point is made in the document. If the checkbox is
checked, then Word selects the entire word where the insertion point is made.

I don't know if, when you say 'fixed point', you mean the exact place where
the insertion point is made. If so, people whose selections start from that
exact point have this checkbox unchecked.

"Eddy de Jeu" wrote:

We ussing Office XP on an windows 2000 server bassed citrix enviroment, all
users having the same credentials on Office XP now.

Some users having the problem, that the mouse on a left click slect text
from a fixed point. to turn that off you need to end the login session exit
word office does not work.

we are using an HP t5700 Thin Client windows XPe and standard logitech mouse
keybord drivers, Citrix metaframe XP on windows 2000 server.

anyone has an idea??

Eddy de Jeu

No thats not the point,

The user is just working normal he dont want to select anything, so when he
just want to modify an section in his document the cursor wil select from the
last point he wrote, now.. you cant deselect. after leaving word and it wil
start over again.

now, the user need to logoff to solve this problem, after a amount of time
he wil get the same problem again. we tried to replace his Keybord, Mouse and
the Thin Client and that will not help..... also a new user profile doesnt
help..

Are there any problems with logitech standard mouse and Microsoft mouse
driver ore Keybord??

"gnomon" wrote:

I'm not sure this is what you're talking about, but...

From the menu bar, under Tools, the Options..., select the Edit tab. In that