Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JBusby JBusby is offline

Default WORD 2007 HOW TO: HYPERLINK TO HELP FILE

Hi,
I'm creating study notes in word 2007 that include basically just the main
points and references to the relevant pages in the actual book (Office 2007
Advanced, Stephanie Krieger). Some of the notes include hyperlinks to various
sources (e.g. Web Site articles . . . ) which are not a problem, but, in some
cases I need to access the Word Help Files.
Is there any way to establish a link directly to a Help File Article?
--
JBusby
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Try this. In a given Help topic, right-click and choose Properties. Select
the entire URL shown (in most cases it won't all be displayed, but if you
continue to drag to the end, you can select all of it) and copy using
Ctrl+C. Then paste (Ctrl+V) into the Hyperlink dialog.

"JBusby" wrote in message
Hi,
I'm creating study notes in word 2007 that include basically just the main
points and references to the relevant pages in the actual book (Office
2007
Advanced, Stephanie Krieger). Some of the notes include hyperlinks to
various
sources (e.g. Web Site articles . . . ) which are not a problem, but, in
some
cases I need to access the Word Help Files.
Is there any way to establish a link directly to a Help File Article?
--
JBusby

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JBusby JBusby is offline

It Works! Thanks for the Tip.
NOTE: I noticed that the file opens in a new tab in Internet Explorer when I
click on the link directly from Word 2007. But it overrides the current tab
when I save the file as PDF and open it from there. This is not a problem,
but I thought it worth mentioning.
Thanks again.
--
JBusby