Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
F-14 Dave F-14 Dave is offline

Default Work Hyperlink/merge capability

Can someome tell me how to merge multiple reference documents into one large
document?

I'm doing some process work and have a few large documents which share
common pieces in different combinations and sequences. I'd like to link the
minor documents to each of the major documents in the proper order. I would
then maintain each of the minor documents as the 'single version of the
truth' and then refresh the major documents so the changes get cascaded into
them where appropriate.

After the refresh, I'd like to have a single document which looks as if it's
an original...it shouldn't contain links or references which are visible when
printed out.

Is this functionality possible? What's the best way to do it? Hyperlink?
Merge?

I'll note that some of these docs will be a few pages in length and will
contain tables and special formatting.

Thanks for your help!
Dave