Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TW_Ireland TW_Ireland is offline

Default lost document

Please help - I created a document in word and saved it. I did some more work
on it and clicked save again but it seems to have saved as a different
version with a (2) after it. When I went to find it in My Documents it's not
there...only the original version is. I've done alot of work on it - can
anyone help me locate it on my PC?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Did you try opening it from the recently used list and then save it where
you need?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"TW_Ireland" wrote in message
Please help - I created a document in word and saved it. I did some more
work
on it and clicked save again but it seems to have saved as a different
version with a (2) after it. When I went to find it in My Documents it's
not
there...only the original version is. I've done alot of work on it - can
anyone help me locate it on my PC?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TW_Ireland[_2_] TW_Ireland[_2_] is offline

Unfortunately the one in the recently used list is also the original
version...I've checked my auto save location and there's nothing in that
either so I'm totally at a loss to know where it's gone!

"TW_Ireland" wrote in message
Please help - I created a document in word and saved it. I did some more
work
on it and clicked save again but it seems to have saved as a different
version with a (2) after it. When I went to find it in My Documents it's
not
there...only the original version is. I've done alot of work on it - can
anyone help me locate it on my PC?

Thanks!

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The "(2)" suggests that the version you edited was an e-mail attachment,
not saved to your hard drive. In theory, it might still be somewhere in
your Temporary Internet Files folder, but I'm afraid you have probably lost
it. :-(

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP