Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] LadyDungeness@Fish.Net is offline

Default :: INSERT document at end -- need help

Word 2002 on Windows XP SP3. I have an 8-meg document and I want to INSERT a 4-meg
document at the end. I've done this before with no trouble. But these documents won't
allow it. No matter what I try, I get a message: "Too many edits. Operation will be
incomplete. Save your work."

I've tried inserting A into B, B into A
I've tried copying and pasting
I've saved as rtf and tried to insert
I've turned off Keep Track of Formatting/Styles
I've rebooted

Help! I need to get these two documents into ONE!

Lady Dungeness
Staying Out of Those Crabpots!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

First hunch... have you ensured that ALL Track Changes have been
accepted/rejected and then TC turned off in both documents?
DeanH

" wrote:

Word 2002 on Windows XP SP3. I have an 8-meg document and I want to INSERT a 4-meg
document at the end. I've done this before with no trouble. But these documents won't
allow it. No matter what I try, I get a message: "Too many edits. Operation will be
incomplete. Save your work."

I've tried inserting A into B, B into A
I've tried copying and pasting
I've saved as rtf and tried to insert
I've turned off Keep Track of Formatting/Styles
I've rebooted

Help! I need to get these two documents into ONE!

Lady Dungeness
Staying Out of Those Crabpots!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] LadyDungeness@Fish.Net is offline

I don't use Track Changes. I just pulled up the toolbar and the review pane shows NONE
for changes. I do notice, however, that the button under View Markup is highlighted,
indicating it is enabled. I do not know what Markup is. I turned it off, saved, and
reopened. It's turned on again by itself.