Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marsha Marsha is offline

Default legal style numbered outlines help!!!!

I am struggling with legal style numbered outlines and of course, my deadline
is today. I have contract with a level of outlining not previously in my
customized template and I can't seem to add it. I need something like
"4.2.2.1" , "4.2.3.1" then I don't need this level again until I reach the
"9s", but I don't seem to be able to add this successfully. Any ideas?
Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Make sure to set up numbering as explained at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html. Then,
as needed, specify the start at number using a LISTNUM field, as
explained at
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/numbering/...tByLISTNUM.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Marsha" wrote in message
I am struggling with legal style numbered outlines and of course, my

deadline
is today. I have contract with a level of outlining not previously

in my
customized template and I can't seem to add it. I need something

like
"4.2.2.1" , "4.2.3.1" then I don't need this level again until I

reach the
"9s", but I don't seem to be able to add this successfully. Any

ideas?
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Marsha

Marsha wrote:
I am struggling with legal style numbered outlines and of course, my deadline
is today. I have contract with a level of outlining not previously in my
customized template and I can't seem to add it. I need something like
"4.2.2.1" , "4.2.3.1" then I don't need this level again until I reach the
"9s", but I don't seem to be able to add this successfully. Any ideas?

If you're still at this problem (I suggest starting at the * article and
working your way down ...):

Ins and outs of bullets and numbering in Word

(*) See the section on "Numbering, bullets, Headings, Outlines" (by
Shauna Kelly)
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/
How to restart style-based numbering (by Margaret Aldis)
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/numbering/...artMethods.htm
Word's numbering explained (by John McGhie)
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/...gExplained.htm

HTH
Robert
--