Generating a Number in sequence for Each New Document

Old March 24th 15, 03:11 AM
SAM THE KING SAM THE KING is offline

Smile Generating a Number in sequence for Each New Document

Will anyone be able to tell me how to generate a sequential number in each document in WORD?
Old March 24th 15, 08:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom[_3_]

Default Generating a Number in sequence for Each New Document

What kind of sequential numbers are you referring to? If you want automatic
numbers for a series of document or for multiple copies of the same
document, start at this article:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/macrosvba/NumberDocs.htm. (See also the links in
that article.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old August 14th 20, 10:11 PM
GraceLambert89b7o GraceLambert89b7o is offline

There is a button in the control panel that is responsible for this function. You can generate numbers, capital letters, small letters, various shapes like circles and a square, as well as many other different symbols. But I ran into one problem when I used this function. I kept getting an error on the number 1221. I looked for information about this in various forums, wrote to Microsoft technical support, but I still could not find a solution. I even searched for the value of 1221, you can read about it at https://www.sunsigns.org/angel-number-1221-meaning/. In the end, I decided to completely update this application to the latest version and the problem resolved itself. Has anyone encountered something similar?

Last edited by GraceLambert89b7o : August 20th 20 at 05:24 AM.