I grant you an award for your tenureship at this school.

Old May 21st 10, 09:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
juicy jello

Default I grant you an award for your tenureship at this school.

Can the word Tenureship be used in an award for someone who had received
tenure such as, Certifiocate of Tenureship
Old May 21st 10, 09:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Willett[_2_]

Why not look it up in a dictionary and find out? Or Google it.

"juicy jello" juicy wrote in message
news : Can the word Tenureship be used in an award for someone who had received
: tenure such as, Certifiocate of Tenureship

Old May 21st 10, 09:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules

1. We don't deal with content.
2. I've never heard the word "tenureship". Not saying it isn't a real word,
I'm just saying I've never heard it.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Old May 21st 10, 09:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
broro183[_2_]

hi Juicy Jello,

I think you are looking in the wrong place - you need a Dictionary, for
example:
'AskOxford: tenure'
(http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/tenure?view=uk)
'tenure - definition of tenure by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus
and Encyclopedia.' (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/tenure)

My knowledge of the correct terminology is sadly lacking so other more
informed people may disagree with my below answer...
To answer your question, I would say no, "tenureship" is not a word.
The word "tenure" is a noun and the meaning of the word incorporates the
concept "‘to hold’" while other nouns such as "apprenticeship"
effectively use "ship" as a suffix to create a similar meaning when
attached to the base noun of "'apprentice'
(http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/apprentice?view=uk)/'owner'
(http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/owner?view=uk)".

hth
Rob

--
broro183

Rob Brockett. Always learning & the best way to learn is to
experience...
broro183's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=333
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=204395

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

Old May 22nd 10, 12:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules

That's what I thought too but the term "tenure" does not apply to the work I
do.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]