Writing a book

Old August 5th 05, 10:43 PM
Exlypz

Default Writing a book

There's got to be a way that microsoft helps users with writing a book
fiction,non-fiction, dialogue or script. I want to write a fiction book and
am asking for help to make sure I have written my story with the important
factors a basic book needs to let the reader imagine and be able to go along
without confusion.
Old August 5th 05, 11:12 PM
Michelle

What you need is an editor, that is, a person to read what you have written
and give you feedback. Software that would do what you want would be too
unwieldy.

Old August 5th 05, 11:42 PM
Chuck Davis

"Exlypz" wrote in message
There's got to be a way that microsoft helps users with writing a book
fiction,non-fiction, dialogue or script. I want to write a fiction book
and
am asking for help to make sure I have written my story with the important
factors a basic book needs to let the reader imagine and be able to go
along
without confusion.

All writers have developed that ability over the years. There isn't a
"fill-in-the-blanks" starter kit. Many community colleges offer programs in
the subject.

Old August 7th 05, 09:11 AM
Pemo

I agree.

No computer-based Word-Processor does what my old upright Remington did:

no need for Spell-check because it always spelled words correctly;
no need for Grammar-check because it produced perfect prose;
no need for Templates because it was perfectly intuitive;
no need for printers, because it just did it;
no forgetting where you saved the file, because it just didn't do it;
no hassles with justification, fonts, styles, colours, pictures, tables etc.

And ribbons were about $2 each.

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!

Pemo

--