How do I write an essay with boxed sections

Old December 7th 06, 11:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
lizheen

Default How do I write an essay with boxed sections

My sister-in-law needs several essays. The section under each sub-heading
must be boxed, with the boxes all 3 c.m. from each margin (including top and
bottom). Apparently this is so her University can scan the essay and check
word lengths
I did the earlier essays by typing all the text, and then using the "insert
text box" function, but this was a nightmare. There's got to be an easier
way...

Thanks anyone who can help,
Lizheen
Ireland.
Old December 8th 06, 01:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman

Define a new paragraph style. Give it any name that isn't already in
use. In the New Style dialog, check the box for "Add to template".
Click the Format button and select Paragraph from the list. In the
next dialog, set the left and right indents to 3 cm. Click OK. Click
the Format button again and select Border from the list. Choose the
Box border, make sure the Apply To box is set to "Paragraph", and
click OK. Finally, click Close in the New Style dialog.

In the document, put the cursor in a paragraph that needs to be boxed,
and select your style from the dropdown on the Formatting toolbar.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Old August 5th 20, 08:23 AM
TamiTamiSchall TamiTamiSchall is offline

Originally Posted by Jay Freedman View Post

wrote:

My sister-in-law needs several essays. The section under each sub-heading
must be boxed, with the boxes all 3 c.m. from each margin (including top and
bottom). Apparently this is so her University can scan the essay and check
word lengths
I did the earlier essays by typing all the text, and then using the "insert
text box" function, but this was a nightmare. There's got to be an easier
way...

Thanks anyone who can help,
Lizheen
Ireland.
Thanks a lot for the tip. I was also interested in similar information. Now I know how to do it in an easier way. Thanks again.