borders around columns on same page

Old May 4th 07, 11:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MEL

Default borders around columns on same page

When I try to put borders around text in 2 columns (landscape on an A4 page),
i cant seem to get them equal as i can only select 'text' or 'paragraph'.
Why can't i change these borders like the usual A4 page borders? does anyone
know how to do this? otherwise my brochure will look funny....thanks!
Old May 4th 07, 11:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

In what way aren't the borders equal? If you apply the borders to the
paragraph, they will extend to the column width (or margin width, for
text in a single column).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old May 4th 07, 02:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It sounds to me as if you are trying to create two pages on a single sheet.
Have you tried using the "2 pages per sheet" option in "Multiple pages" on
the Margins tab of Page Setup? This allows to apply page borders to the two
separate "pages" just as you would to full-sheet pages.

If that's not what you want to do, then you may have to create a "fake" page
border using a bordered text box, frame, or AutoShape with Behind Text
wrapping.