Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GregTheGrate GregTheGrate is offline

Default Set a default left margin and indent for bullets

I cannot find out how to do this. I would like left margin to be zero and
indent to be .75cm. Word 2007
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

To specify default formatting, you must use a style. For example, you can
modify the built-in List Number style to suit your needs.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"GregTheGrate" wrote in message
I cannot find out how to do this. I would like left margin to be zero and
indent to be .75cm. Word 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GregTheGrate GregTheGrate is offline

Stefan

Thanks for this. Even though I am very familiar with styles and use them
extensively, I cannot get the default first line and indentation associated
with the the standard bullet to function.

Firstly, in a blank document no style called List Number shows up. If I
press the bullet formatting icon, a bullet appears in the document and a
style called "List Paragraph" shows up. But it's example (in the area that
shows the result of you making changes to the style) does not show a bullet.

Ignoring this, I proceed to set up a hanging indent of .75cm with zero left
indent. I click the radio button that indicates this style is to apply to New
documents based on this template. I then close the existing document and
open a new one based on Normal template. The bullet defaults back to the
original.

I'm stumped.
"Stefan Blom" wrote:

To specify default formatting, you must use a style. For example, you can
modify the built-in List Number style to suit your needs.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"GregTheGrate" wrote in message
I cannot find out how to do this. I would like left margin to be zero and
indent to be .75cm. Word 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

The List Number style does not display by default. You can apply it via the
Apply Styles pane (Ctrl+Shift+S). Type the style name and press Apply. If
you want to change the indentation, right-click and choose Adjust List
Indents from the context menu. When you are done, click OK to close the
dialog box. To update the style, right-click again and then choose Styles |
Update List Number to Match Selection from the context menu.

In order to transfer the settings of the modified style to the attached
template, do the following: In the Modify Style dialog box (which you can
open by clicking the Modify button in the Apply Styles pane), check the "New
documents based on this template" option, and click OK. When/if prompted to
save your template, choose to do so.