Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
helpwanted

Default Distribution List

Im tred to set up a distribution list by clicking €śnew€ť in the file menu.
According to the HELP menu Im supposed to see €śdistribution list€ť, but I
dont. All that shows is €śBlank document€ť. €śXML document€ť, €śWeb page€ť,
€śE-mail message€ť, and€śFrom existing document€ť. Any ideas??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

In the grey text under the Create a distribution list item that is the first
item on the list if you type Distribution list into the Help Task Pane, it
says "Help Working with Microsoft Outlook"

It's easy to miss that I will admit, but the instructions that you get when
you following that link refer to Microsoft Oulook, not to Word.

In Word, what you can do is insert a table into a document with as many
columns as you need for the individual parts of each item that you want to
include on the distribution list and then add the data for each record in
the cells of the rows of the table. In the cells of the first row, enter
the names of the fields. If you want to use this list for purposes such as
mail merge, make sure that the field names follow the required rules.

See the article "Creating a Mail Merge Data Source" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMe...DataSource.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"helpwanted" wrote in message
I'm tred to set up a distribution list by clicking "new" in the file menu.
According to the HELP menu I'm supposed to see "distribution list", but I
don't. All that shows is "Blank document". "XML document", "Web page",
"E-mail message", and"From existing document". Any ideas??