How do I get a field to self adjust in a mail merge?

Old December 29th 04, 07:07 PM
DD Holt

Default How do I get a field to self adjust in a mail merge?

We download our data that autopopulates into colums in an Excel Spreadsheet.
We then take that spreadsheet and mail merge this datasource into a Word
document. In Excel, one of the fields is adding extra spaces in the
spreadsheet and those spaces are merging into the letter.

example: "ABC Company, Inc. , we thank you..."

How do I get this field to self adjust in order to rid itself of the extra
spaces before the mail merge?
Old December 29th 04, 07:30 PM
Charles Kenyon

I suspect that the easiest solution lies in cleaning up your Excel file or
the source.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.