Head me in the right direction

Old January 2nd 05, 05:28 AM
Kathy MacAthur

Default Head me in the right direction

Hi everyone - hope you can help or direct me to the pertinent training
documents.

I am merging multiple word documents with a MS access query to produce a
large electronic print file. Because the print files are so large I limit
the number of documents printed to ten for each "batch". I know an earlier
question discussed this partially but I am confused as to how the counting
works. Further, I am not sure how to write a macro - let alone a macro that
will count ten documents then open a word document, select the correct
printer than print to file versus an actual printer. This process is done
many times for various documents and is both tedious and prone to error. I
believe a macro is called for but I'm not sure how to approach the problem.

Thanks,

Kathy

Old January 4th 05, 11:08 AM
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Hi Kathy,

For someone who is not sure how to write a macro, this is not that easy to
do. As a result, you have a couple of options - learn how to write the
macro, getting assistance via these newsgroups, or, engage someone to do it
for you.

In the case of the former, I would suggest that you start by looking at the
article “Getting To Grips With VBA Basics In 15 Minutes” at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...csIn15Mins.htm

and look at other information on that site, plus, investigate the Mailmerge
object in the Visual Basic help file.

To do that, type Mailmerge in the Visual Basic editor and then press F1.
--
Please post any further questions or followup to the newsgroups for the
benefit of others who may be interested. Unsolicited questions forwarded

Hope this helps
Doug Robbins - Word MVP