Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ncstockmeyer ncstockmeyer is offline

Default undo "skip text during a spelling and grammar check"?

I mistakenly blocked some text and set the "skip text during a spelling and
grammar check". How do I undo this? I am unaware of which text I
blocked. If I go to Tools, Language, Set Language and take the check out of
the "do not check.." box and then save, it still will not correct the
spelling areas that were in the "blocked area". There are misspelled words,
but it skips them and say spellcheck is complete.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

If you didn't add the items to a custom dictionary you might just need to
use ToolsOptionsSpelling & Grammar, click Recheck Document, then click
'Yes'.

If I've misunderstood please post back.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"ncstockmeyer" wrote in message
I mistakenly blocked some text and set the "skip text during a spelling and
grammar check". How do I undo this? I am unaware of which text I
blocked. If I go to Tools, Language, Set Language and take the check out
of
the "do not check.." box and then save, it still will not correct the
spelling areas that were in the "blocked area". There are misspelled
words,
but it skips them and say spellcheck is complete.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Murphy Murphy is offline

I had a similar problem today. I developed a form in Word and after
unlocking the form, the spellchecker will not check any of the text form
field boxes. I get the following message "Text marked with "Do not check
spelling or grammar" was skipped." I have no idea how to bypass this. I
tried the recheck document and that did not work either. This has been
frustrating me for 6 years now; I sure hope there is an answer to the problem.

"ncstockmeyer" wrote:

I mistakenly blocked some text and set the "skip text during a spelling and
grammar check". How do I undo this? I am unaware of which text I
blocked. If I go to Tools, Language, Set Language and take the check out of
the "do not check.." box and then save, it still will not correct the
spelling areas that were in the "blocked area". There are misspelled words,
but it skips them and say spellcheck is complete.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Murphy Murphy is offline

I just found the answer to my question under a search. You highlight your
entire document by using CTRL + A, the go to tools | Language | set language
| uncheck the box "do not check spelling or grammar and click on default
button and OK. It now works and hopefully will work for every new document I
create.

What a great forum for finding answers! I'm impressed!

"ncstockmeyer" wrote:

I mistakenly blocked some text and set the "skip text during a spelling and
grammar check". How do I undo this? I am unaware of which text I
blocked. If I go to Tools, Language, Set Language and take the check out of
the "do not check.." box and then save, it still will not correct the
spelling areas that were in the "blocked area". There are misspelled words,
but it skips them and say spellcheck is complete.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ncstockmeyer ncstockmeyer is offline

Thank you so much. I thought I tried this, but must not have used the
correct sequence of tasks. Anyhow, I just followed your instructions and IT
WORKED! This discussion group is so helpful. Thanks again!

"ncstockmeyer" wrote:

I mistakenly blocked some text and set the "skip text during a spelling and
grammar check". How do I undo this? I am unaware of which text I
blocked. If I go to Tools, Language, Set Language and take the check out of
the "do not check.." box and then save, it still will not correct the
spelling areas that were in the "blocked area". There are misspelled words,
but it skips them and say spellcheck is complete.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jane Jane is offline

"ncstockmeyer" wrote:

I mistakenly blocked some text and set the "skip text during a spelling and
grammar check". How do I undo this? I am unaware of which text I
blocked. If I go to Tools, Language, Set Language and take the check out of
the "do not check.." box and then save, it still will not correct the
spelling areas that were in the "blocked area". There are misspelled words,
but it skips them and say spellcheck is complete.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jane Jane is offline

Just so you know - you saved my life today - 3 years after your posting and
across the world in England. I have been struggling with this problem on a
job application form - it was driving me mad. Even if I cut & pasted the text
into another document it still wouldn't check it. Now I know how! Thanks v
much.