Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
RRCJOHN RRCJOHN is offline

Default word email mail merge

I am working on implementing a PCARD and ACH system to pay vendors by credit
card (preferably) or by ACH instead of by check. I want to automatically
generate check advice documents to send to the vendors showing them what
invoices are being paid. So far I have created a system that will take my
check register which I can merge with MSO WORD, Directory format, and print
documents that have all the invoices being paid to each vendor on one
document. My only problem is that I cannot get the EMAIL format mail merge
to work the same way as the DIRECTORY format to get more than one invoice on
each email. I think what I need is a programming loop in the code so I can
read and write several records into the email before going to the next email.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You may need to use something like the method that is detailed in fellow MVP
Macropod's "Word 97-2007 Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge Tutorial" at:
http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showtopic=731107
or
http://www.gmayor.com/Zips/Catalogue%20Mailmerge.zip
Do read the tutorial before trying to use the mailmerge document included
with it as you must get the mail merge main document set up exactly as
required.

You may also need to use the information in the article "Mail Merge to
E-mail with Attachments" at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

--
Hope this helps.