Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Keith Keith is offline

Default Background picture

I have a picture I want to use as a background to all the pages in a
document. I tried to create a template with one page with the image on it but
this didn't work. I can type over the image without a problem, but as soon as
I go onto a second page the image jumps to the new page.

How can I get round this? I don't want the picture to be a watermaks as it's
colour and I want it to stay that way. Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

A watermark is merely a graphic (usually paler than normal - but it doesn't
have to be so) with its layout property set to 'behind text' in the document
header view, so this is exactly what you require.

Keith wrote:
I have a picture I want to use as a background to all the pages in a
document. I tried to create a template with one page with the image
on it but this didn't work. I can type over the image without a
problem, but as soon as I go onto a second page the image jumps to
the new page.

How can I get round this? I don't want the picture to be a watermaks
as it's colour and I want it to stay that way. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
TLB TLB is offline

I want to create a word doc w/ a logo at the top, text on two pages. I want
the logo & text to be a background type image where I can write over the top.
i.e. contracts. I cannot seem to get this accomplished, can you help?

Keith wrote:
I have a picture I want to use as a background to all the pages in a
document. I tried to create a template with one page with the image
on it but this didn't work. I can type over the image without a
problem, but as soon as I go onto a second page the image jumps to
the new page.

How can I get round this? I don't want the picture to be a watermaks
as it's colour and I want it to stay that way. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

What you're looking for is a "watermark." If you have Word 2002 or above,
use Format | Background | Printed Watermark and choose the desired graphic.
For earlier versions, see €œHOW TO: Create a Watermark in Word 97 and in
Microsoft Word 2000€ at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=211324

http://word.mvps.org