Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
plantinstaller

Default How do i get page length to accept 1" instead of printing 8"

I printed labels several times 7" x 1". now the labels print but roll up 10
additional inches for the next label. The page setup is set and I am using
the same printer which allows for edge of paper printing (dot matrix) any
ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

On dot matrix printers, this is often a hardware (form feed) setting. If
Word is treating each label as a "page," then this is the problem. If the
labels are based on Word's built-in label definitions, they will probably
work better than if you try to create documents on your own, but if all else
fails, try starting with a "roll" label type instead of fanfold.

"plantinstaller" wrote in message
I printed labels several times 7" x 1". now the labels print but roll up

10
additional inches for the next label. The page setup is set and I am

using
the same printer which allows for edge of paper printing (dot matrix) any
ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
plantinstaller

I realized that I changed from 98 to xp. I am using a document not labels,it
is the same printer & document I used with windows 98 & worked well for a
couple of years, it does not work with the same printer and document in
windows xp. the instructions for the printer read, form length definitions
are sent by the application. It is when no form length definitions are sent
down with the print job that the forms settings on the printer will be used.
Any updates that will help?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On dot matrix printers, this is often a hardware (form feed) setting. If
Word is treating each label as a "page," then this is the problem. If the
labels are based on Word's built-in label definitions, they will probably
work better than if you try to create documents on your own, but if all else
fails, try starting with a "roll" label type instead of fanfold.

"plantinstaller" wrote in message
I printed labels several times 7" x 1". now the labels print but roll up

10
additional inches for the next label. The page setup is set and I am

using
the same printer which allows for edge of paper printing (dot matrix) any
ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

When you changed OS's, you undoubtedly changed printer driver, so I suppose
that could be the source of the problem. You might want to try posting in
microsoft.public.word.printingfonts in hopes of attracting the attention of
some more printer-knowledgeable folks.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On dot matrix printers, this is often a hardware (form feed) setting. If
Word is treating each label as a "page," then this is the problem. If

the
labels are based on Word's built-in label definitions, they will

probably
work better than if you try to create documents on your own, but if all

else
fails, try starting with a "roll" label type instead of fanfold.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"plantinstaller" wrote in

message