Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
OfficeNDN[_2_] OfficeNDN[_2_] is offline

Default Mail Merge and Print Data Only for Forms

Hello,

I have Office 2003 on my XP system. What needs to be done is this. I have
an accounting record in Excel. I am trying to use the Word mail merge
feature to import the necessary data (vendor name, address, justification,
amount, etc.) from the Excel spreadsheet into a Word document that will print
on pre-printed check request forms that we have here at work. On the Word
document there is text and images that should not print as they will already
be on the pre-printed check request.

Is there a way to print only the data imported using the mail merge and not
print the text and images? I know this is a feature of form fields but I am
not using form fields. The data is coming from an excel spreadsheet that
someone else enters. I guess I could just leave the starting Word document
blank but other people need to see it before the check request is made.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi,

Simply make a copy of your mailmerge template, delete all the unwanted text, then re-run the mailmerge. You may also want to change
the mailmerge type from letter to catalog/directory.

--
Cheers
macropod