Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steveo Steveo is offline

Default Some docs slow to load

Recently some of my documents (especially older ones) are taking a long time
to load (20-30 secs) and are making network calls (all docs are on the pc not
the network). Any requests e.g. file, 'page set up' or 'properties' take
10-20 seconds. On closing Word again does some sort of network call and then
closes ok. No error messages although there is some virus scanning going on
at opening. Newly created documents load immediately.
I have solved the problem for some docs by doing a 'restore text' to a new
document and then saving as a new file. This is ok for simple docs but loses
all formatting so is a pain for complex docs with tables etc..
Any idea what is going on with some of my documents? I am using Word 2003 on
XPsp2 and am current on all updates. Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Make sure that you have a copy of the driver for the printer that is being
used on the local computer.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Steveo" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steveo Steveo is offline

Doug. Many thanks - that did it! I downloaded and installed the printer
driver and now everything is fine.

It was properly installed before but somehow reinstalling it seems to have
done the trick. Many thanks. I would never have got to that solution even
with hundreds of hours of trial and error.

Steveo