Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
WordDoc_FeatureUser WordDoc_FeatureUser is offline

Default how do I set up a "expand/collapse" or "show/hide" field in Word

Is there a way to show this "expand/collapse" or "show/hide" field in Word in
a Normal View?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
WordDoc_FeatureUser[_2_] WordDoc_FeatureUser[_2_] is offline

Just some clarification:

I need to use Normal view and be able to use "expand/collapse" option with a
+/- symbol to show the detail of an item or paragraph. This detail may be as
long as one page of text. When the text is shown, I can double click on the
symbol and collapse the text for viewing purpose. By default, the doc would
first display as collapse version.

Does anybody know if there is an add-on program we can purchase to use this
feature?

Thanks for your help

WordDoc_FeatureUser

"WordDoc_FeatureUser" wrote:

Is there a way to show this "expand/collapse" or "show/hide" field in Word in
a Normal View?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I have no idea whether Normal View makes a difference, but the best
tutorial for achieving this general effect is he
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Toggle_Data_Display.htm

This is really a feature that belongs to webpages written in HTML, so
it's a bit of a kludge to make Word do it.