Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Data Guy Data Guy is offline

Default Linked text boxed in Word 2007 do not work correctly

I am very concerned with the very buggy Word 2007. I have a legacy
document (word 2003) that I attempted to work with in Word 2007. I
could not bring in linked text boxes. I had to re-import 150 of them
(this took 6 hours). Now, I cannot get the document to update the
entire document at one time. This worked fine in Word 2003, but does
not work now. I select the entire document (cntl-A) and then click
any one of the several update function (Fn-9, Cntl-Shift-F7), nothing
works. I have to go through the entire document, table by table, and
push F9 for each one.

Do people actually TEST this product before putting it out?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Since you cannot select the text boxes with Ctrl+A, you may find it easier to
use a macro to update the fields inside them. For an example, see
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP