Frustrated in Fort Collins

Default How to print book fold documents in portrait orientation in Word?

I am trying to create a directory on 8.5" by 11" paper folded in half with
the text running on the page in portrait orinetation. When I use the book
fold option to print the pages in the correct order, Word automatically
switches me to landscape orientation. Is there a way to print the book in
portrait orientation.

I have recently switched from WordPerfect to Word and was able to do this
funcation in WordPerfect.

I don't think so. The "Book fold" feature is limited to creating portrait
pages on landscape paper; that is, on Letter-sized paper, you can create
5.5" x 8.5" pages but not 4.25" x 11" pages.