Colin Gorman Colin Gorman is offline
Junior Member

Default Strange line appears that I cannot delete?

It appears between two tables, as below, and find when I cut and paste the tables the line does not move with them so would seem not to be part of the table? Any advice on what may be causing this would be appreciated.
Attached Images

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It might be a shape, but it's hard to tell from your screen shot. Could
you provide an example in *Word* format instead?

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

On 2015-12-22 15:26, Colin Gorman wrote:
It appears between two tables, as below, and find when I cut and paste
the tables the line does not move with them so would seem not to be part
of the table? Any advice on what may be causing this would be
appreciated.

|Filename: capture20151222142529595.jpg |
|Download: http://www.wordbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=206|

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay S Jay S is offline

On Tuesday, December 22, 2015 at 2:31:02 PM UTC, Colin Gorman wrote:
It appears between two tables, as below, and find when I cut and paste
the tables the line does not move with them so would seem not to be part
of the table? Any advice on what may be causing this would be
appreciated.

|Filename: capture20151222142529595.jpg |
|Download: http://www.wordbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=206|

Colin Gorman

I have seen this before and it's usually a border. Click near it and select the 'no border' option from the paragraph part of the home ribbon. It should go away
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://wordfaqs.mvps.org/TroublesomeLines.htm#Borders.

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Colin Gorman Colin Gorman is offline
Junior Member

Thanks Stefan.

Incidentally, sometimes I can wipe it out by using white as a background colour. One of them might be a shape as when I click a border appears around it and inside I am able to edit. But not in a couple of other incidences? Tends to happens when I send out a document asking colleagues to complete bits of it, with lots of tables, and something happens when it is not in my hands!

I've stripped out the text and got an example ready and tried to upload the attachment (manage attachment section) but I'm told the .doc is not a valid file type? Can you please advise how I best go uploading this word file?

Many thanks
Colin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Blom[_3_] View Post
It might be a shape, but it's hard to tell from your screen shot. Could
you provide an example in *Word* format instead?

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Colin Gorman Colin Gorman is offline
Junior Member

Thanks Jay but only found something like this option in page background of page layout but no joy I'm afraid!
--
Colin Gorman[/i][/color]

I have seen this before and it's usually a border. Click near it and select the 'no border' option from the paragraph part of the home ribbon. It should go away[/quote]
Colin Gorman Colin Gorman is offline
Junior Member

I note that it usually disappears when I hit the background shading button in paragraph ribbon. Still doesn't explain why it appears in the first place though?
Colin Gorman Colin Gorman is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Gorman View Post
I note that it usually disappears when I hit the background shading button in paragraph ribbon. Still doesn't explain why it appears in the first place though?

Now a white vertical line has appeared right down the document - can't think what I am doing to be causing it? I can't attach the document as there is some sensitive info in there and I struggle to get rid of all the version history incl. authors?