Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gah gah is offline

Default MODI MDI Files

I recently purchased a new Windows 7 PC with Office 2010. I cannot
open Microsoft Office Document Imaging (.MDI) files in Office 2010.
I cannot install the MODI files from my Office 2007 software because
it is an upgrade version used on the previous old PC. (
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982760 )

I loved using the printing to .mdi files because I could "write" notes
and comments on the files with my graphics tablet pen. Needless to
say, I can't open the files. Anyone have any suggestions?

I do not want to load a bunch of old software just so I can access the
upgrade disk.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

MODI is not part of Office 2010.
If you have the installation disc for 2007 AND the installation disc for the
qualifying product for the upgrade to 2007 (to insert to be read at the
prompt), you can install MODI from the Office tools section of Office 2007.

"gah" wrote in message
I recently purchased a new Windows 7 PC with Office 2010. I cannot
open Microsoft Office Document Imaging (.MDI) files in Office 2010.
I cannot install the MODI files from my Office 2007 software because
it is an upgrade version used on the previous old PC. (
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982760 )

I loved using the printing to .mdi files because I could "write" notes
and comments on the files with my graphics tablet pen. Needless to
say, I can't open the files. Anyone have any suggestions?

I do not want to load a bunch of old software just so I can access the
upgrade disk.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gah gah is offline

--

Graham Mayor - *Word MVP

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

"gah" wrote in message

I recently purchased a new Windows 7 PC with Office 2010. *I cannot
open Microsoft Office Document Imaging *(.MDI) files in Office 2010.
I cannot install the MODI files from my Office 2007 software because
it is an upgrade version used on the previous old PC. (
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982760)

I loved using the printing to .mdi files because I could "write" notes
and comments on the files with my graphics tablet pen. *Needless to
say, I can't open the files. *Anyone have any suggestions?

I do not want to load a bunch of old software just so I can access the
upgrade disk.- Hide quoted text -

Unfortunately, I don't have any install disks, just upgrade disks.
The upgrade was to OEM software on the old PC.
georgia