Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
PeacefulOne PeacefulOne is offline

Default line spacing before and after in Word 2007

I am trying to create a template for a contract and I am having
trouble with the line spacing before and after.

If the line spacing itself is single, and the font 10pt, shouldn't the
spacing before and after of 5pt each be exactly the same as 0pt before
and 10pt after?

My document is not turning out that way.

BTW: I do not have the box checked which reads: Don't add space
between paragraphs of the same style.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

It appears that if two consecutive paragraphs have space before and space
after settings, the space between them is the maximum of those two settings
rather than the sum of them.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org

"PeacefulOne" wrote in message
I am trying to create a template for a contract and I am having
trouble with the line spacing before and after.

If the line spacing itself is single, and the font 10pt, shouldn't the
spacing before and after of 5pt each be exactly the same as 0pt before
and 10pt after?

My document is not turning out that way.

BTW: I do not have the box checked which reads: Don't add space
between paragraphs of the same style.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Only using the default Compatibility Options. If you enable the option
"Don't use HTML paragraph auto spacing," the Before and After will be
additive as before.

http://word.mvps.org