cat

Default I would like to delete a specific dictionary language.

I would like to delete the German (German) language from my language
dictionary, as I need only need the German (Switzerland) language and with
having both, word messes up the with the auto recognition.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Y2F0?=,

I would like to delete the German (German) language from my language
dictionary, as I need only need the German (Switzerland) language and with
having both, word messes up the with the auto recognition.

Try going to the "OFfice Language Tools" (in the program files under the
START button) and disabling German (German). That should lock out auto
recognition.

Personally, I keep auto recognition turned off. It causes more trouble than
it helps...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

cat

Hi Cindy

Thank you for your help, I think that will solve my problem!
I agree, the auto recognition cause a lot of troubles, nevertheless I like
to use it. I am regularly writing in 3 different languages and am "too lazy"
to constantly set the languages.
I hope in the future the language recognition will become less confusing :-).

Catrine
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Y2F0?=,

I agree, the auto recognition cause a lot of troubles, nevertheless I like
to use it. I am regularly writing in 3 different languages and am "too lazy"
to constantly set the languages.
I hope in the future the language recognition will become less confusing :-).

Well, as they say: practice makes perfect. I understand the "sensitivity" of
the feature has been adjusted for Word 2003. And I suspect it will be, once
more, for the next version.

If it gets to be too annoying, you might consider setting up some styles in
your Normal.dot, and/or other, template(s) that are language-specific. These
can be assigned to keyboard shortcuts and/or toolbars. The time required to
specify a style, vs. correcting mistakes by auto-recognition would probably
balance out :-)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

cat

This is a good idea to define styles within the normal.dot, thank you! I also
have many words defined in the "personal dicitionary" and I treat it like
gold, means I back it up regularly.
I am planning upgrading to 2003 soon and am already excited to see the
differences! But I have to say since your help I am very satisfied already,
maybe I am a too easy customer...;-)

Catrine

Well, as they say: practice makes perfect. I understand the "sensitivity" of
the feature has been adjusted for Word 2003. And I suspect it will be, once
more, for the next version.

If it gets to be too annoying, you might consider setting up some styles in
your Normal.dot, and/or other, template(s) that are language-specific. These
can be assigned to keyboard shortcuts and/or toolbars. The time required to
specify a style, vs. correcting mistakes by auto-recognition would probably
balance out :-)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Y2F0?=,

This is a good idea to define styles within the normal.dot,

If you do go this route, check out the article on language formatting in the
"Tips" section of my website. Your system has to be set up "just so" for
controlling language formatting using styles (otherwise Windows will
override them).

I also
have many words defined in the "personal dicitionary" and I treat it like
gold, means I back it up regularly.

Starting in Word 2002, you can have language-specific custom (personal)
dictionaries, which you may also find very useful :-)