Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Russ[_2_] Russ[_2_] is offline

Default Read-Only document

I have full rights to a word document 2003 but everytime I open the file it's
label read-only. I have to contact the user who has the file open to close
it. How can I as the administrator open the file in the edit mode even if the
file is open by someone else? Your help is greatly needed.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

A document is always locked for editing by other users when any user has it
open. This is by design. It doesn't matter what kind of rights you have;
this is just the way Word works.