Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
anitron

Default How do I set up placeholders?

I am creating documented processes and I was asked to add placeholders for
documented processes already in use so we could add to manual later. I do
not understand what I need to do.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

You could use bookmarks or macrobutton fields. If the fields, the F11 key
takes you to the next field. See
http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide...tm#MacroButton,
http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm and
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/TblsFl...acroButton.htm for more
about macrobutton fields.

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"anitron" wrote in message
I am creating documented processes and I was asked to add placeholders for
documented processes already in use so we could add to manual later. I do
not understand what I need to do.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Agreed. It probably means something like "insert a few headings and text
paragraphs at the end of the document with 'to be supplied' in them". When
the new processes are defined and ready to be written up, you can replace
these "placeholders" with real text. Of course, you could always add text
anywhere in the document without having placeholders first, so I don't
understand why you'd need them...

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman