Nicole

Default List of Figures without caption

Is there any way to create a list of figures in a word document that
only displays the label and number (no caption)? I have inserted my
captions using the insert/caption option.
I would just like the list to be:
Figure x.... (page number)

Stefan Blom

Press Enter after each caption number to insert a paragraph mark, and
then format that paragraph mark as hidden text. Word will not include
the caption text in the table of figures, but it will print them on
the same line (assuming that the option to print hidden text is
cleared in the Print tab of ToolsOptions).

In the document:

Figure #spaceparagraph mark formatted in hidden text
Caption description here.

In the TOC:

Figure #...............page number

In print preview:

Figure # Caption description here

Note that if captions are created based on styles, you would have to
apply a different style to the caption text.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

ups.com...