Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CUJO CUJO is offline

Default How do you x-fer the license from an old computer to a new one.

I have Office/Student/Home with license for three computers. If I use three
but then replace one of the units, how does the licensing work? I still will
only be using three but they may not be the original ones? Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

CUJO wrote:
I have Office/Student/Home with license for three computers. If I
use three but then replace one of the units, how does the licensing
work? I still will only be using three but they may not be the
original ones? Thanks!

Microsoft doesn't provide any "deactivation" method for Office licenses.
Uninstall Office from one computer, and run the standard installation on the
new computer. When it asks to activate over the Internet, if it comes back
and says you've already used the allowed number of licensed installations,
it will show you a telephone number to call. Explain the situation to the
service representative and get a new activation.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

License agreement Jimmy Clay[_2_] New Users 3 November 11th 07 09:17 PM
Changing the LICENSE name royce Microsoft Word Help 1 October 27th 07 01:16 PM
old license eb Microsoft Word Help 5 October 19th 06 12:45 AM
Can I add another computer to my home office license? JoeA Microsoft Word Help 4 September 8th 06 12:35 PM
License Name MarkA Microsoft Word Help 1 March 2nd 05 06:10 PM