Bill

Default Formatting question

I'm attempting to learn how to format what would
appear to be a "form" of an "ordered list". I've tried
to understand the HELP text in that regard but so
far haven't been able to determine the appropriate
method.

Example:

Heading - blah blah blah initial as desired.

______ If you'd like to have this option take
affect, indicate so by initialling here.

______ If you'd like this option, etc

______ Or this one, etc.

When I free-form format such a block, the grammer
check generates a litany of diagnostics, "extra spaces",
"affect" should be capitalized (doesn't recognize the
paragraph), etc.

It's sort of like using a "bullet list" only the bullets need to
be replaced by "multiple under-scores". So far, I've only
been able to "customize" with "one" under-score using
bullet lists.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Bill

Daiya Mitchell

"hanging indent" is the name of the feature that makes the second line of
text be indented. Help is actually okay on how to set one up, look there.
DM

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

And you can actually set this up as a "numbered list" if you're determined.
Use the underlines as literal text and "(none)" for the numbering style.

.. .

On 2/5/05 1:19 PM, "Bill" wrote:

[...]

What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Bill

Diaya's post fits my situation perfectly. However, I have
great use for the table/grid approach to another section
of the document I'm working on.
Thanks,
Bill

Bill wrote:

[...]

Bill

Suzanne, I see that works also. I did have to adjust the
"hanging indent" to get the paragraph to line up as I
flowed to multiple lines.
Thanks,
Bill

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
And you can actually set this up as a "numbered list" if you're
determined.
Use the underlines as literal text and "(none)" for the numbering style.

so
all may benefit.