richms

Default Mirror margins not working on landscape.

I have a section in my document that is setup in landscape.

Even tho I have selected mirror margins, the gutter is appearing at the
top of all the pages, I would have expected that every alternate page
would have it at the bottom, as it will be going on the back of the
text/images are obscures in the binding process.

Also, the gutter location is grayed out. If I was to bind on the short
edge of the paper, I would not be able to complete this without being
able to relocate the gutter.

can someone advise if there is another way to achieve what I need to do
without having to resort to making every page its own section and using
the margins to achieve the space required for binding?

"Mirror margins" applies only to right and left margins, not top and bottom,
and while you can have the gutter at the top, that doesn't help, does it?

You can fudge this, though. On the Layout tab of Page Setup, check the box
for "Different odd and even." Then set the header and footer margins for the
amount you want on the pages where the top/bottom is *not* the binding edge.
On those pages, add space to the header/footer to create the gutter.

That is, on the odd pages, add Space Before to the header; on even pages,
add Space After to the footer. Be sure to set the top and bottom margins to
accommodate the change (or add Space After to the header/Space Before to the
footer to push the top/bottom margin down/up).

oups.com...