S. Kissing

Default Word document exported from Access

When I export the report from Access to Word I get a page break inserted and
multiple blank lines at the end of the page. If I delete the page break my
heading moves up...Any ideas on why the formatting adds the page break and
how I can fix it. This is an 80 page report so I can not format each page.
Thanks
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Uy4gS2lzc2luZw==?=,

When I export the report from Access to Word I get a page break inserted and
multiple blank lines at the end of the page. If I delete the page break my
heading moves up...Any ideas on why the formatting adds the page break and
how I can fix it. This is an 80 page report so I can not format each page.

The Access command converts the report to RTF format, and puts everything in as
static text (headers/footers, for example). Then it has Word open the RTF file.
When Word does that, it's not said that the way it interprets the fonts and
margins will exactly match how Access laid out the page, so the page and line
breaks, and other things, may well shift. There's nothing you can do to change
this, except that you could TRY changing the margin settings in the document so
that Word interprets the layout the same way as Access.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)