shavens shavens is offline
Junior Member

Default Indentation

I'm working on an old novel of mine in Word and have discovered that there are two kinds of indentations: four spaces and seven spaces. I'd like to standardize these in a single measurement of five spaces. Is there a global way to do this or must I handle each one?

Thanks,

Sam
John Hutto John Hutto is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavens View Post
I'm working on an old novel of mine in Word and have discovered that there are two kinds of indentations: four spaces and seven spaces. I'd like to standardize these in a single measurement of five spaces. Is there a global way to do this or must I handle each one?

Thanks,

Sam
Make a copy of your novel. Highlight all of the text in the copy your novel. Use the “Replace” command in “Editing.” In the “Find what:” box, hit your space bar 7 times. Then, in the “Replace with:” box, hit your space bar 4 times. Hit “Replace All.” This will cause all of your indents to be 4 spaces. Repeat this process putting 4 spaces in the “Find what:” box and 5 spaces in the “Replace with:” box. Hit “Replace All.” All of the indents will then be 5 spaces.

How to make body text indentation follow heading indentation? lenny c Microsoft Word Help 2 April 13th 10 12:53 AM
Indentation Sol Microsoft Word Help 8 April 12th 09 07:56 PM
Indentation all wrong! Moneypenny Microsoft Word Help 5 January 11th 07 05:04 PM
indentation won't "take" yongkalep Microsoft Word Help 2 August 26th 05 12:02 AM
indentation NaomiBolderheij Page Layout 1 August 12th 05 09:08 PM