#1   Report Post  

Default Indentation

I'm working on an old novel of mine in Word and have discovered that there are two kinds of indentations: four spaces and seven spaces. I'd like to standardize these in a single measurement of five spaces. Is there a global way to do this or must I handle each one?

Thanks,

Sam
  #2   Report Post  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavens View Post
I'm working on an old novel of mine in Word and have discovered that there are two kinds of indentations: four spaces and seven spaces. I'd like to standardize these in a single measurement of five spaces. Is there a global way to do this or must I handle each one?

Thanks,

Sam
Make a copy of your novel. Highlight all of the text in the copy your novel. Use the “Replace” command in “Editing.” In the “Find what:” box, hit your space bar 7 times. Then, in the “Replace with:” box, hit your space bar 4 times. Hit “Replace All.” This will cause all of your indents to be 4 spaces. Repeat this process putting 4 spaces in the “Find what:” box and 5 spaces in the “Replace with:” box. Hit “Replace All.” All of the indents will then be 5 spaces.