Shushbag

Default metric to imperial format?

I wish to format my novel in Word and it needs to be in imperial
measurements, is there a way of doing it?
Shauna Kelly

Hi Shushbag

You can display all measurements in Word in inches by doing Tools Options
General and in the Measurements Units box, choose inches. Having done

that, you will need to set up margins (File Page Setup Margins), tabs
(by modifying the appropriate styles) and indents (by modifying the
appropriate styles).

You can choose American paper sizes at File Page Setup Paper. However,
the actual paper sizes available to you depend on your printer. For example,
my printer has no capacity to print on US letter sized paper. You might
consider ticking the box at Tools Options Print Allow A4/Letter paper
resizing. That will let you approximate letter sized paper when actually
printing on A4.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word